Tesla Model Y Lowering Springs - Unplugged Performance
An unparalleled dedication to research and advanced engineering in the Tesla Model Y suspension has yielded the ultimate in high-performance spring technology. Every version of every Tesla Model Y lowering spring is specifically engineered with two distinct linear spring rates inside one spring. This allows enhanced comfort (spring rate #1) paired with increased handling (spring rate #2). This level of advanced engineering and manufacturing is incomparable with lower cost Linear or Progressive springs common in the aftermarket.
One size does not fit all. We’ve engineered specific spring rates to more perfectly enhance the handling of the Tesla Model Y. Enjoy the immediate benefits of improved comfort and handling, combined with a sporty ride height that reduces drag and increases range.
Experience why Unplugged Performance is the world’s #1 trusted Tesla tuner and enjoy the benefits of our continued dedication to Tesla research and development.
This ambitious engineering project began with a review of factory spring rates and led to a goal of the following:
- Increased in comfort in daily driving situations. Solution by studying factory spring rates and producing a softer but proportionate spring rate front and rear that maximizes the benefit of specific dual linear spring rates built into each spring.
- Increased handling limits. Solution by utilizing the highest technology partner (F1 and Indy Car spring manufacturer Hyperco) and producing a secondary more sporty performance spring rate that engages when cornering g forces are loaded.
- Increase in vehicle efficiency/range. Achieved by lowering the car as height is proven to correlate to aerodynamic efficiency and coefficient of drag.
- Every day improved performance at a significant value. Solved by producing in bulk by the premier Tier 1 manufacturer, produced and engineered exclusively in partnership with Unplugged Performance. Proudly made in the USA.
- Moderate provides an approximate 1.5″ drop on non-performance Model Y trims and an approximate 1″ drop on the Model Y Performance with slightly more comfort around town and significantly sportier handling in corners.
- Mild provides an approximate 1″ drop on non-performance Model Y and an approximate 0.5″ drop on the Model Y Performance with more comfort around town and sportier handling in corners.
- Proven Dual Linear Rate spring technology allows for the best of both worlds. The car rides at noticeably softer spring rates around town. When sporty handling is desired, natural cornering g forces activate the spring’s 30% sportier secondary spring rate which reduces body roll and gives a noticeable difference in both feel and handling at the limit
- Physics have proven the benefits of range efficiency by lowering the center of gravity and reducing underbody air turbulence
- Produced in an engineering partnership with Formula 1 and 50+ consecutive Indy car winning spring supplier HYPERCO
- Designed, Engineered and Produced in America
- During our comprehensive aerodynamic study of Model 3, we tested the efficacy of our Dual Rate Linear Lowering Springs using CFD, and the results were dramatic. After installation of the Moderate Version of our Dual Rate Linear Lowering Springs (1.5″ lower ride height), a decrease of 8.1% in total vehicle drag resulted, with a reduction of the total vehicle drag coefficient by 0.019 (factory ride height = 28.5″ baseline, measured at the center of the front fender).
- We expect similar results for the Model Y and will release the data when our analysis is complete.
Teslarati ships merchandise worldwide using UPS, DHL, FedEx, and USPS. Shipping methods vary depending on products and shipping destinations.
We are able to offer FREE SHIPPING on most orders for the continental United States by stocking products in warehouses throughout the country. If your order contains multiple products, it's possible to receive separate shipments.
If free shipping isn't offered in your location, you can enter your shipping address and browse to the checkout screen to see a real-time total shipping cost for items in your Teslarati Shopping Cart.
For international orders, please take into account transit times between domestic and international carriers, as well as Customs. Recipients will be responsible for paying all applicable duties and taxes.
At Teslarati, we want to make every interaction with us as effortless as possible, and that goes for our return policy.
- All products must be in new condition and returned in the original packaging.
- Returns must not have been installed, damaged, or used in any way.
- All products must be returned within 14 days of the date on the original invoice.
- Buyer is responsible for all return shipping costs.
All returned items will be thoroughly inspected prior to issuing a refund. All returns are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
Teslarati cannot accept freight costs of any returned merchandise.